Colombian Style Pudding or as we call it Natilla Colombiana is a pudding usually served together with Colombian Bunuelos (Cheese Balls) during Christmas. This pudding tends to be firmer and more sliceable, although it can also be served as a creamier pudding, either way it is awesome and we believe everyone must try it.
- 3cups whole milk
- 1cup + 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1cup coconut milk
- ½cup grated coconut
- 2cinnamon sticks
- 1can 14 oz condensed milk
- ½teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓cup sugar or to taste
- Pinch of salt
- 1tablespoon butter
- Cinnamon powder to taste
- Place 1 cup of milk in a small bowl, add the cornstarch and stir to dissolve it, then set aside.
- Place the coconut milk and grated coconut in the blender and blend until smooth and set aside.
- Place the rest of the milk and cinnamon sticks in a medium pot and bring the mixture to boil over medium-low heat. When the milk is a little warm, but not boiling, add the coconut mixture.
- When the milk starts boiling, add the condensed milk, sugar and salt. Stir well with a wooden spoon. Add the milk and cornstarch mixture and continue stirring constantly.
- Add the vanilla extract. Reduce the heat to low and continue stirring until the Natilla thickens, about 10 to 20 minutes. Add the butter, stir and remove from the heat. Discard the cinnamon sticks. Ladle into a serving dish or individual custard cups. Sprinkle cinnamon powder on top and let it cool at room temperature for at least 2 hours. Refrigerate until ready to serve with our delicious bunuelos